Sunday, February 26, 2017

Media fake or not

When I think about if the media fail's to challenge the claims made by our politicals leader to attempt their original purpose being In a democracy, journalism has three basic and necessary functions: to provide an accounting of people in power and those with designs on power to provide and ensure a diversity of opinions on important issues so that citizens can form their own opinions to check facts, assure for accuracy, and point out lies. does the media execute these three necessary functions and challenge them as well, when needed. I think that the media stills fails to challenge the claims that are made my our political leader, I  think this is because our current political leader is so out to regress that the media, in the beginning, was so intrigued by him that, they wanted more they enjoyed his outrageous claims aka fake news. I believe that he is currently are the political leader because the media gave him enough press to his fake news claims even though in my opinion it was bad press it gave him enough attention that people became interested in him. With that being said I think that now some media are started to questions some of his claims he throws out there. Which is cause his to get defensive and claim that the news networks that are questioning him are so-called fake news. Their was a recently a news reported that commented on this exactly claim 


This is an example of how some media is starting to get tired of our Political leader claims and are pointing them out. I believe that this is just the beginning of the media to start questioning the claims made by our political leader. 

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff, I like the part on what the three basic functions of what journalism is "Supposed" to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the media is failing to challenge the claims being made. I have found some articles lately that are beginning to question the claims more, however, it is not nearly as much as it should be overall.

    ReplyDelete