Happy violence to me is when some sort of violence that is not moralize but the media is trying to bring it to are attention but not explain its consequences. Some example that i think of that this is shown on television is 60 minutes as well as recently there was a show called the The people v. O.J. Simpson:American Crime Story. I think that this shows happy violence because this was a based on a husband possibly murdering his wife,but because the husband was a famous football player it became a huge televised case. This is normally not a situation where people would be amusing to but because the media created an out look for us it case Americans to want more.The media as showed the speed chase of O.J. live this speed chase was what stared the media to broadcast speed chase now. I believe that by them showing this speed chase it made it seem cool to run away from the cop's. Overall the media make this murder case to come of glamorous.
60 minutes as so shows this but making us curious on how these murder cases when taken place.This also creates us to think this is normal and happening more often then it is really is. Created Americans to believe the world is more dangerous than it really is .

I like the example you used,you brought up a good point about the show and situation. He may have killed his wife but because of his status as an athlete the whole case became huge, and everyone wanted to know what was going on. The chase does give off the impression that it is cool to try and dodge the cops.
ReplyDeleteI really like that you used this show as an example. It is such a good example because the murder case was so glorified when it entered the media. Generally a man would be looked down upon during such a case but he became even more famous when the whole thing happened.
ReplyDeleteThis was a great example. I haven't seen the show although I planned to watch it. I remember watching the car chase live when I was a child, everyone was glued to the TV. The trial also became a form of entertainment for the public, and there were n consequences for OJ's actions when it came to jail time, although I imagine he was ostracized by many people afterwards.
ReplyDelete